The product and our expertise:
With SAP S/4HANA FOR GROUP REPORTING SAP offers group reporting both as an on-premise and as a cloud consolidation solution for customers who are full components of the S/4HANA product world. Our expert Ms. Carolin Heinze has already gained in-depth experience with consolidation software from SAP (SEM-BCS, EC-CS, BPC) and has been dealing with the product SAP S/2017HANA for Group Reporting since 4, which offers many advantages from the solutions SEM-BCS , EC-CS, SAP BPC and SAP Financial Consolidation combined. Ms. Heinze supports customers in the implementation and technical development of SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting.
Questions and answers about the consolidation product SAP S/4HANA Group Reporting:
- In your opinion, what are the most important functionalities of the product SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting?
The solution offers a certain range of functions as standard. Some of the most important functionalities of SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting are:
- Real-time data access to individual financial statements and subsequent consolidation of planned and actual data
- Accelerate the financial close process
- Unification of consolidation and transaction activities
- Possibility of continuous accounting
- Comprehensive system integration around SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting
- Through the S/4HANA platform, simultaneous reconciliation and elimination of all intercompany information and a consolidated financial statement in addition to the individual financial statement and an associated difference split of the offsetting differences
- What are the biggest benefits of SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting for users?
The consolidation solution SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting offers advantages for small and medium-sized companies as well as for large corporations. Depending on which platform a customer chooses, cloud or on-premise, the solution offers best-practice content that either allows implementation with little effort or customer-specific requirements based on the content. However, the following advantages apply to all users:
- Very good integration with operational accounting, ie drill through to the original S/4HANA documents possible
- Minimal configuration required for simple issues
- Extensive control by the department via the master data characteristics
- Uniform web interface as a starting point
- Use of well-known reporting tools such as SAP Analysis for Office and the SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Live connection to the SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and thus real-time access
- Are there specific use cases for how AI can already be used in the area of S/4HANA for Group Reporting?
Every repetitive process can be supported by robotics, for example. A concrete use case can be the automation of data transfer. Especially if companies have not yet created the individual financial statements in S/4HANA, data can be loaded into SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting using Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Here we also work together with the market leader UiPath.
Further use cases can also arise in the area of IC reconciliation to identify reasons for differences using machine learning.
- Is the automatic execution of measures also possible as a job, e.g. overnight?
In principle, it is possible to schedule jobs for the execution of measures overnight using the "Schedule Jobs for Consolidation Tasks" app. With this app you can schedule and monitor jobs for consolidation actions using the templates provided (balance carryforward, release of universal journals, calculation of net income, currency conversion, preparation for scope changes, reclassification, validation of universal journals, validation of reported data, validation of adjusted reports, validation of consolidated reports) . Depending on the respective templates, you have to specify job-specific parameters such as the chart of accounts or the scope of consolidation, etc. You can trigger an immediate job run, define a future start date and time for a single run, or define the recurrence pattern for the jobs that you run regularly want to run. You can check the status of each scheduled job and view the results.
- Should the data monitor be processed by the head office or the subsidiary? After all, filling out the package is the daughter's job.
Who edits the data monitor is a purely organizational question. Of course, the subsidiaries can take on this task and the consolidators assume a monitoring and control function. In the same way, the consolidator can also take over the complete processing of the data monitor.
We support you as a partner in your problems of group consolidation:
Together with our experts from Carolin Heinze's team, discover the possibilities and advantages that the SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting tool offers you. We support you with your consolidated financial statements and the structure of your company-wide consolidation. We understand the requirements for group reporting and would be happy to advise you on other topics relating to capital consolidation, such as central finance.
Furthermore, we can support you in the migration process to SAP S/4HANA in general and help you with your strategy.
In workshops, we convince with our technical and process-oriented know-how as well as best practice experience from reference projects.
We will show you the optimal application possibilities in a transparent and understandable way using implemented practical examples and give you recommendations for action.
Talk to us, we would be happy to talk to you!
Make an appointment for a free initial consultation: